Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hotels or The One Time Mom and Dad Get a Break From Doing Daily Chores

We stayed in 3 hotels. Should you decide to go insane and take a 10 day trip to California, here are the lodgings and how I found them. I can be a snob and a half about accommodations. I may not be as picky as some, but I am pretty picky.
Wyndham Bayside- Grade: C-. It was alright. The room was smaller than we wanted and it was old looking from the outside. Inside, nice and remodeled. Still had to pay for parking and it was kinda busy. I loved that I could still run (on the dreadmill) and it was within walking distance of Seaport Village and the bay. The bathrooms were beautiful, but the tubs/showers needed updating terribly!




Anaheim-Red Lion-Grade: B- We were less than a mile from Disneyland. We walked to Disney no problem. This is a fairly new(ish) hotel chain or maybe I just haven't seen them before. This was 10x better than Wyndham. The pool and the fact we could see the fireworks show at Disney from the pool was aces. Also, I loved the firepits/seating area at the pool. It gets cold here (cold to me, I'm from Texas remember?) so the boys could swim in the heated pool while I sat by the fire at night. Loved it. Room was bigger than the last and the laundry service was awesome.





The Layfayette Hotel (San Diego) Grade: A We are staying in a historic hotel, The Layfayette. Apparently some pretty famous people would stay here when they wanted to get away from Hollywood. Bob Hope was their first visitor and most frequent, I believe.

(Go look this hotel up on Wikipedia. Crazy-cray stuff like the pool club being created by the guy who played Tarzan)
They have a swimming pool the size of Manhattan and tonight, it's a dive-in movie tonight. Guess where we're spending our evening? (Wall-E and s'mores sounds like a great plan!)
This place is beautiful and amazing and I am in LOVE with it. In. Love. I want to live here.






This is our room number and the plate outside of our room. The Abbott and Costello room. We found the irony in the fact that this is the room we were assigned because their shenanigans are on par with our boys'.









The decor is too-die for beautiful and kitschy.



No comments:

Post a Comment