Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 9: Balboa Park or How Else Can We Tire Them Out Already?

Today was our let's-take-it-easy day here. It was time to just sleep in and have no schedule. We took the boys to Balboa Park to look around. It was relaxing to walk around and show the boys how beautiful this place is.













This. This is interesting because it was an exhibit that had just opened when Brian and I were here in 2001. I got so sickened by it, I had to leave halfway through. Brian laughed when he saw it was still around. (I'm telling you it made me nauseated reading and seeing half of the things used for Medieval torture. And no, we did not partake this go round.)









In the botanical gardens, there's a small set up where you can smell and feel different plants. Caden found the lavender and just kept smelling it over and over. (That and the mint)


This is a flamingo flower. I've never, before today, seen anything like it. 


I got the the-most-awesome-mom-ever award when I suggested we go for a swim as soon as we got back to the hotel.







No comments:

Post a Comment