Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 5: Aquarium of the Pacific and U.S.S. Iowa or FDR Was the Hot Roosevelt and *That* is What is Important Here

Long Beach is stunning. It is also where you can see the L.A. river thingy they filmed the race scene in Grease. The Aquarium of the Pacific is the best aquarium I have ever been to and believe me, I've done my fair share of aquarium-ing in my day. The boys were able to touch sting rays, sharks, and starfish. They had seals and sea lions too. They said that the sea lions and seals were not captured, but were needing medical care or were in retirement from a certain marine theme park.









I know this is blurry, BUT this is a fetal shark still in the egg and still gestating. The aquarium cut around the egg and replaced it with plastic. You can see them moving around and growing.


















Brian wanted to take the boys to visit the battleships and aircraft carriers around here, but because of the time constraints, we settled on the U.S.S. Iowa. I thought the boys would be bored, but they loved it! They even saw where 3 U.S. Presidents stayed on board AND they met someone who served on the actual ship. (Also, kinda off topic but kinda not, FDR= hoooooooot.)


This. Just... everything about this.





Stalin, Roosevelt (Hot), and Churchill (who I also love because he was kinda snarky)


Love.


Ahh, it's good to own land...



Their fascination with the portable hand washing sinks ASTOUNDS me greatly. For real, y'all?? Really?





No comments:

Post a Comment