Sunday, June 12, 2011

And the fun just keeps on...



No seriously. This will be quick...or not. First, it's been so hot HAWWWWWWWWT here, that it's been almost miserable. Save for, the trips to the pool and the sprinkler park, we've managed. I did find a great idea for my kids. I got a loaf of whole wheat french bread, the toppings for pizza, and sent them to town. It was an easy dinner, it didn't require much work, and most importantly-THEY ATE IT!!




Thing numero dos: I have found the BEST ice cream in the world. Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack. I cannot even describe to you, in coherent words, the awesomeness that seeps from the spoon.



And finally, we had the coolest experience on Saturday. The DMA held their first annual BooksmART Festival. Basically, there were activities, lectures, and book signings by authors and illustrators. I love literacy and I love helping children (and adults) appreciate good literature. It's a passion of mine. Anyway, Ethan got to meet one of his favorite authors, David Wiesner, and hear him speak about how he develops his ideas for his artwork and stories. Then, he stood in line and waited to meet him and have his book autographed.








After that, we puttered around the museum for a little while. Ethan made a wordle from a piece of artwork he had been eyeballing.






It's been a productive summer thus far. Next up: VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment