"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
The time did come to set Caden up in a "big boy" bed. He is potty trained and we felt that not only was he ready to sleep in toddler bed, but he needs the freedom to get up to use the potty in the middle of the night if necessary.
Now, I know most people would ask why we chose a toddler bed instead of a twin/full-sized or even wonder why we didn't just convert his baby bed. I think the general was for him to feel like his tiny bed was his and his alone. He is able to get in and out of it as he needs/wants to. *This is also my Achilles' Heel* Aside from the fact that we arent sure that his room will become an office or guest room. It just made more sense for us to go this way.
Ok, and the other thing I compromised on was his make-shift bedding. Ugh. I despise cartoon characters as bedding or room decor. It's something I always said we wouldn't do. HOWEVER, if you know my kid, you know about his obsession with Go Diego, Go! I agreed, for the toddler bedding only, that he could have the sheet set and blanket. (The blanket is actually a nap blanket I got at the Aspasians Craft Fair here in Rockwall--so stinkin' cute and it's handmade)-I caved a little. Anyway, he's done really well with becoming familiar with his bedtime routine and is able to execute most of it on his own. This is a verrrry good thing. It's a little bittersweet because it's now been confirmed, right before my eyes, that he's not a baby anymore.
From left to right: Diego, Caden, Puppy, and Baby Alice
He is so cute in his bed!
ReplyDelete