I Am the Mummy Heb-Nefert by Jan Bunting
This is the most deliciously haunting and beautifully written book. Ever. This is my absolute FAVORITE right now. Ethan loved it!
Caden and I have been collecting the Gossie collection by Olivier Dunrea. There's something super-entertaining about a tiny goose named Gossie and her awesome red boots. :)

The boys and I love this book! LOVE IT! With Cade entering his picky-eater phase, this book was perfect. I actually picked it up at our school book fair (I love me some book fair!!) and am so glad I did!
Luck of the Lochness Monster: A Tale of Picky Eating by: Alice Weaver Flahtery

Knuffle Bunny by: Mo Willems
Such a sweet book.

Diary of a Worm by: Doreen Cronin
Because it's hilarious is what it is.
Flotsam by: David Wiesner
The imagery is beautiful and it's fun to hear the boys discuss each picture in detail.

I have a TON more I could list. We love the classic stuff too, don't get me wrong. Shel Silverstein, Kevin Henkes, Ian Falconer, Lauren Child, Marc Brown, Eric Carle, Bill Martin Jr. etc. all have a special place with us. I love reading to the boys and watching how engrossed they are in the stories themselves. It really makes my heart sing to see how their love and appreciation for books, reading, and beautiful illustrations has grown and continues to grow.
***By the by, if you have small kids or teach, go to www.bemboszoo.com
it is utterly amazing to look at how the names of the animals make pictures. Def. one of my favorite sites.***
No comments:
Post a Comment