
We've already established that Ethan is our science/biology enthusiast. His speciality now? Bugs, geckos, frogs, etc. Basically, anything that mom will find gross, he loves. The other day we went to Brian's parents house. We're getting out of the car and Ethan looks down into a patch of thick St. Augustine grass and says, "Hey, it's a tiny frog!"- Ok, two things: HOW did he see that? and Why didn't I? So after exploring the backyard for a little while, he comes to the door and asks me to come take a look at what he's found. Yeah, it was the tiniest frog I have ever seen. He told me that he was under the assumption it was a cricket until he looked down at the grass and noticed the creature had four legs. Again, HOW does he see this stuff?

Anytime we are out and about, that kid is forever digging in flowerbeds and grassy areas looking for a specimen. It is crazy.
In fact, just last night, as I was coming inside from working out and grocery shopping, I heard him scream, "Awww coooool!" and as he walks over to me, I see he has something in his hand. Yeah, he caught a baby gecko. The best part? The look of sheer joy on his face. (ew.) He walks over to show his little brother, and Caden lets out this giggly scream. Anything Ethan picks up, he wants to show Caden. And because Caden is his brother's shadow, he is completely involved and finds it all humorous.

Brian and I agree that Ethan could be into worse things. The way his mind works boggles my own though. He isn't really interested in cartoons. Man vs. Wild; Survivorman; Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe; Life; and the like are more his style. He's so smart, sweet, precious, and definitely all boy. I hope he maintains his love for science and I can honestly say I hope he continues to wonder, seek answers, and always ask why.
No comments:
Post a Comment