Sunday, May 30, 2010

We're going to Kentucky??


Ok, so we're not actually going to Kentucky. There's actually a song called, "The Tooth Losing Song" and it's set to "We're Going to Kentucky"
Whether you’re an indian or whether you’re a chief
There’s nothing more exciting
Than losing all your teeth
Molars and incisors, they fall out one by one
Losing all our teeth is how we have some fun
Someday we’ll be toothless, but we don’t really care
We’ll go a little higher and pull out all our hair… hey!!!


Haha! Yeaaah. Well, you tend to make up a lot of songs and listen to made-up songs when you have kids. It's in the manual.
Well, we have our first tooth loss. Know what's weird about it? (not creepy weird but ohhh-look-useless-knowledge weird) It was the first tooth he ever cut. That's right friends, Ethan lost his first tooth biting into an ice cream cone at Chick-fil-A. (Wonder if I could use that for my own benefit- as in, scoring myself a free grilled chicken salad because my son killed his tooth on their ice cream?? ha!)
Luckily, he didn't freak out. I was sure he would because of the whole I-lost-a-body-part-and-there's-blood-involved thing. But, no. I should have known. He wasn't really interested in getting the money from the tooth fairy as much as he was interested in looking at it under a microscope.
Sadder still, he is one more step closer to becoming a big kid and less and less of a little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment