Friday, May 14, 2010

As the Beatles have said...

"You say goodbye and I say hello"- We have to kiss our sweet sweet babysitter goodbye today. She is returning to the workforce full-time. I've been going back and forth on this. Part of me is freaking out at the idea of the transition Caden is about to have to endure. The other part of me is excited, again, at the idea of the transition Caden is about to endure. Mostly, I think I'm afraid of the actual transition period for him. Ethan has always been my leader, the I-can-do-it-myself-kid. He was ready to go to school at 18 months. Caden, being the younger of the two, has been the follower. He's had a best-good friend, Abbie to follow and learn from the past two years. They were together like peanut butter and jelly, really. Now, he has to go at this alone. This is a good thing. I know it is. But, the bigger part of me is mourning the loss of the wonderfullness of "Miss Sisty" and how much she loves him. You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach where, your ideas/comfort/etc. have to take a backseat to your children and their needs because what you're doing falls under the heading of "For Their Own Good"- ugh. I don't like this part of this whole parenting thing. But, this is Caden's new chapter and this is something he needs to experience for himself. I know that Brian and I have gone above and beyond researching and visiting many schools and have prayed about which one to put him in. I feel that the place we have picked is going to work out very well. We shall see. Come Monday, I may be in tears, but, I can't and won't let him see those. He has to make his own way and I have to move aside and let him. I keep thinking, "Good grief, he's 2 and this isn't college." This somehow makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment