Everyone on Facebook has been posting things they are grateful for every day in November. Well, two things: One, I'm too flighty to remember to post my gratitude every day and Two, I would rather not clog up the feed with it as I tend to get too wordy. So, I'm going to give you all a dose of word vomit right here on the blog.
30 Things I'm Thankful For (Cause there are 30 Days in November, right?!):
1. My faith in God. I am grateful that my faith, although shaken, has gotten me through the last few years. Yes, I lost my daughter. Yes, I was angry with God. But, it was He who held me through it and let me be angry without ceasing to love me. For that, I am grateful to Him.
2. My Husband. Brian is the one who has held me, loved me at my best and worst, and has been my best friend through it all. He loves me like no one else and has 1/2 of my heart.
You looked right through me
When there was no one else
I sat beside you and became myself
3. My Boys. My precious baby boys. Their perfectly round heads and soft round cheeks that fit perfectly between my chin and shoulder as I nuzzle them. They are blessings. And they don't suck as people. I know we're beyond blessed.
4. My Parents. From their impromptu vacations to the midnight visits when we need them. I have the best parents in the world. They've become amazing grandparents to our boys, as well. I am who I am because of them and their expectations of me, as a person. And they don't even mind that my boys have nicknamed them, "Orange Memaw and Black Pawpaw" :)
5. My In-Laws. I hit the in-law lotto. I have the best mother-in-law and father-in-law in the world. Summa y'all in-laws be trippin' but mine aren't. ;) I love 'em. My father-in-law cracks me up and my mother-in-law brings me comfort and love. They're precious. Along with them, I got some amazing aunts, uncles, cousins, and extra grandparents as in-laws too. I love them all. They are such an important part of my life.
6. My Sisters. I don't know what I'd do without my girls. If someone is hateful, mean, or spiteful to me. I call my sisters to vent and usually we end up laughing with a plan to get that person back somewhere down the road. No one understands me like they do. Our wit and humor is one-of-a-kind. They are the best aunts to my boys who love them to the moon and back. I can't wait to be that kind of aunt to their kids someday.
7. Teaching and the Parents that come with that territory: I adore my campus, the supportive parents who I now call "Friends" and the students that pass through the threshold of the classroom day after day. I am exactly where I need and want to be.
8. C.O.R.E.- the school district has generously provided me with the opportunity to seek my Master's Degree. I'm 1/2 completed with the program, and while it's a whippin' sometimes, I am privileged and forever grateful they chose me to participate.
9. My friends- I have some of the best friends. The kind that I can call and vent about work or drama or just day-to-day petty gripes. The kind that respond to those calls with a, "We need a pedi and MiCo night stat." or "Come over for dinner with the family, we're making fajitas!" The kind of friends that appreciate my sick sense of humor.
10. Pedicures- I teach on my feet. I am grateful for pedicures and the way my feet feel afterwards.
11. My Hairdresser, Kim.- Kim is the BOMB. She is young, smart, beautiful, and uber talented. She is going to do big things in her life. I just adore her. She's the best. (Heath Salon and Spa shout out here!)
12.My home- No, it's not the biggest in the city or even the neighborhood that I live in, but it's ours. It's where we brought our babies home...it's where we started our life together as Mr. and Mrs. Brian Hoover. Yes, the time has come for us to move. The day we leave will be sad. But it's our cozy little nook away from the world. The place where our friends love to gather to laugh, smile, and eat.
13. My Teams- My former 4th grade team and my new 5th grade team. I work with some of the best people in the world. The things I've learned from them will carry me for a lifetime. I love them, they way they each have their own individuality, and their warm hearts.
14. Hot showers, freshly shaven legs, and clean sheets- The only way to get some amazing sleep. I am grateful for this combination of things.
15. Cars-I own two new vehicles. This is more than I deserve.
16. A Full Fridge and Pantry- Because we are not guaranteed these things in our lives, I am grateful that God has provided for my family.
17. Reruns of Friends-are what helps me relax and laugh before bedtime. Unagi!Daaaaangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Could I *be* wearin' any more clothes? In the words of A.A. Milne, "Get out of my chair, dillhole."
18. Date Nights- I love date nights with my husband. I love being a mom, but date nights are what help to remind me of what life was like before Legos, Frogs, homework, and Yo Gabba Gabba. No complaints, but it is nice to be boyfriend and girlfriend again. :)
19. Central Market- See my Love Letter to CM
20. Summers in Port Aransas- I can't tell you why I love it there, because I just do. Maybe it's a personal preference, but the peacefulness and laid-back feel of the beach and the place itself brings me great pleasure. I could live there.
21. My camera- I'm not any good at taking pictures and I don't pretend to be. I love my camera. I love that I can document the boys and our adventures as a family. I want our boys to have these pictures to go with their memories.
22. My brother-in-law- Definitely one of the funniest people I know. Plus, he loves my kids as much as my sister, Rosie does. He has their hearts.
23. My dad's advice- My dad has given me plenty of advice to last me forever. But, the things I remember most are: 1) Your family comes first. Everyone and everything else can wait. 2) You and your husband should still treat each other like you're still boyfriend and girlfriend 3) Don't go to bed angry with your husband and don't go an entire day without talking to them. It becomes a habit that you will have a hard time breaking. Love my dad so much.
24. Family Time- I'm grateful that I married someone who deems family time as something of value and ensures that we spend time together. Whether that's within our immediate family or extended family, family time is something to be cherished and grateful for.
25. My job schedule- I am grateful for the fact that my job schedule allows me to be home with my children at certain times during the year. Whether it's a week at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Spring Break, or an entire summer- I get to be with my kids more than most people do. Because of this, I feel like I value my time with the Giggle Bros. even more.
26. DVR- What did we do without these? Oh right. VCRs and VHS tapes. Blah! For real. Best invention ever. And yes, it's one of my "I'm grateful for" posts.
27. Toms- I love my Toms. Since we aren't allowed to wear flip flops to work anymore, I have invested in some Toms. 2 pairs to be exact and I'm working on a 3rd. But, they feel amazing so I can be comfy at work and still have cute shoes. Plus, if I buy a pair, they give a pair to a person in need. Win-win. "To tell you the truth, I haven't seen this much do-gooding since ya mutha." (Clueless)
28. Music- There is a song for every feeling, every situation, and every day. I am grateful for the people who make music, people who THINK they're making music, and the people who want to make music. Every day should start like the intro to a musical or with a Michael Jackson song.
29. Humor- I love funny movies, situations, people, etc. I like to laugh. More importantly, I think humor is one of God's ways of telling you to "lighten up" and enjoy this world He has put you in. Besides, if you don't laugh, you'll just cry. I am forever grateful to humor and its place in my life.
30. Pureology hair products- Now,bear with me here. It sounds trite and ridiculous and I don't blame you if you stop reading here.----Ok, so you stuck with me. Might as well. You probably read the first 29 things. Anyway, I love Pureology hair products. LOVE them. They're vegan, they smell wonderful, and they keep my hair healthy and shiny. Why does this go on my grateful list? Because it's a luxury for me. I am grateful that my husband sees how much I love this stuff and is willing to let me splurge on this (and my makeup---which I'm also grateful for, but would be off topic if I went to why I am grateful for my makeup---it's Lancome, by the by.) because he knows it makes me feel beautiful. And, truth be told, I think he uses it too. Shhhhh!
So there you have it. A list of things I'm grateful for summed up in one day. I have many blessings. I have healthy kids, family, a warm bed, food to eat, and a great job that I love going to every other day (if I said I love it everyday, you guys would be begging me to sell you whatever I was smokin'.)and I hope that God knows how much I appreciate His blessings on my family and me.
Hope everyone has a safe, wonderful, drama-free, happy, Thanksgiving! Enjoy every precious moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment