Thursday, November 3, 2011

8 Years and a Lifetime of Happiness


Ethan Cole Hoover- Happy Birthday my sweet boy! You amaze your dad and me every day. You're so smart and I can't believe how much you continue to grow and change every single day. Your heart and soul hold so much more knowledge, wisdom, and kindness than people who are much older than you are. Your soft-spot for animals and desire to explore is something I truly admire. Is it okay for an adult, a mom to be exact, to see her son as her hero? Yeah, I'm sure it is because I do. The afternoons I've had to work late at school and caught you rolling down the safety ramp in the equipment bucket while laughing maniacally, are some of my most cherished. I love you, my heart. And while I watch you run down the hallway at school, back pack slung over one shoulder (not both shoulders anymore- because, as you've said to me, "I'm officially a big kid now, ya know!")and excited to start your day- I can't help feel a bit of remorse at not holding you just a bit longer those nights you were up for a 3 a.m. feeding as an infant. But, you probably wouldn't have allowed me to do that. You were born with a strong sense of independence. I'll have to remember that when I choke back tears as I realize, when I pick you up from school in the afternoons, that you now stand with the "big kids" in front of the school and not the side where the little ones are dismissed.
I pray that the Lord guides you, keeps your heart pure, allows your feet, mind, and hands to continue to explore His world. I pray to Him for gratitude for giving me and Daddy the privilege of being your parents. Mostly, I am grateful to Him for giving us you, an amazing big brother to Caden.
Happy Birthday, my sweet little Toodleloop! The world is all yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment