Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Inclement Weather=Boredom=We're Doing Our Own Thing

We've been iced in the house!! It's Texas. The temperature isn't supposed to dip below 50 degrees. It did. The schools have been shut down for going on 3 days now. EEK! So, bottom line is, my kids were bored out of their gourds. It's not even the fun kind of winter weather either. At least if it snows you got something to do. But, who in their right mind wants to go play on patches of ice? Not me. Plus, we've had a windchill of below zero. Ew. Anyway, because everyone has been experiencing this kind of dealy-o here, the kids had to keep themselves entertained indoors. It's ok. My kids were ready. I found them like this early this morning. They were "pretend camping" with fake food and a latern. In fact, what woke me up was the high pitched wailing of them playing their harmonicas in duet around the "campfire" just like real cowboys. I think my kids are kinda weird in an awesome way. I love their imaginations.







1 comment:

  1. Oh it sounds like you and I could swap homes and we would feel right at home still.

    ReplyDelete