Sunday, February 27, 2011

MFFL!!

Ethan has had a blast playing basketball this year. He went from standing and watching on the court to becoming more aggressive with the ball. I've enjoyed watching the transformation. For their end-of-the-season party, they were given the opportunity to high-five the Dallas Mavericks as they ran from the tunnel to the court as well as tickets to the game. I was a little hesitant because it happened to fall on a Wednesday which was in the middle of the school week. Anyone with kids knows that you don't mess with the schedule when school is in session. Well, after careful consideration, we decided to go for it. When will he have an opportunity to enjoy an experience like this again? Probably not again. Honestly, it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Apparently the middle of the week is an optimal time to see a Mavs game. Ethan was so excited about seeing Dirk (Nowitzki) that I was sure we were going to have security called on us. I will say this, Mavs may not be considered the NBA Darlings like the Lakers but, they honestly give their 100% to the game and to their fans. LOVE THEM! Mark Cuban even came out and high fived the kiddos. I didn't think Caden would be able to enjoy it or keep up but he did. We even caught him cheering and yelling "Defense!" during the game at times. It probably helps when you have a bag of cotton candy and a pretzel to keep you occupied, too. I will (eventually) upload a video we took of the mayhem.












































1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun!!! Yes, there are somethings worth staying up late for ;)

    ReplyDelete