Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Caden Blake Hoover!

Three years ago today, I gave birth to one of the two most precious gifts in my life.7 lbs 6 oz; 19.5 inches long of pure joy.
Caden is very special to our family. In January of 2007, I had to tell my grandfather goodbye as, he was losing his long battle with cancer. Before I left his bedside, I kissed him and told him that he was a wonderful grandfather and I would miss him. I also asked him to tell God something for me when he got to heaven; to please tell God we wanted and were praying for another baby. Sadly, we had two prior miscarriages between Ethan and Caden. I didn't think my grandpa could have possibly heard me because he was slipping away. Apparently he did hear me because about a month later, I found out I was pregnant.
Caden is our gift from God and my grandpa. At least, that's the way we like to see it.
Caden amazes me and drives me insane all within the course of a day. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Cade is our singer, dancer, and the brawn for Ethan's brain. Don't mistake him though. He has his own brain and plans his own schemes. Many days, our house is filled with Tarzan calls, hysteria, mayhem, and giggles. We wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment