By George, I think we've mastered the art of State Fairing!
Yes, you read that heading correctly. It was awesoooooooooooooome! I am going to write a guide on How-To Easily Master the State Fair of Texas. Parking-breeze. Cost of Admission for 6 people-FREE! We went on our Fair Day Holiday (Wednesday) which meant that the fair was not that crowded and we actually ran into quite a few people we knew...for the most part. We took in the Dog Show-which the kids all loved, grabbed free ice cream and looked around the car show. The drawback? The Midway games were a racket. You have buy a card with cash and it gives you "credits" which the people then scanned as you played. Basically, we paid $20 for two stuffed animals. I will say that Ethan has got a pitching arm on him. Dude kept chunking the ball like he was in a fast-pitch contest. Both boys were big enough to ride the Midway rides which was so much fun to watch. They are thrill-seekers (very unlike me) and feel the need for speed. We tried lots of different foods that we wouldn't normally eat. The strangest was the fried bubblegum. I couldn't even stomach the thought of even trying it so I left that up to the boys. I did eat some black walnut taffy that was outstanding! And of course, we snarfed a Fletcher's corn dog. So good. For some reason, I had a moment where I started to miss my aunt like crazy. The first memory I have of The Midway at the Fair was with her. If she were still alive, she would have argued with the game people the cost and stupidity of the game card idea all while paying for the boys to get the biggest stuffed animals they had while stuffing their mouths with cotton candy. :) She was just like that. The only regret I have is not getting on the ferris wheel with the boys because we ran out of time. We had a great time. The most fun, for me, was watching my boys enjoying every moment and hearing them screech and giggle with their friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment