Saturday, October 29, 2011

10 Reasons I Love Central Market-A Love Note to Thee




Last weekend, Brian and I went and did our week's grocery shopping at Central Market. I have always loved me some Central Market, but as we shopped, I realized that I don't just love it... I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Great googly, that place is the bomb!

1. In the produce section, they have a Kid's Table. Kids can put a quarter in the piggy bank and take a piece of fruit. It's basically a kid's sized produce stand set up so that kid's can pay and take a piece of fruit. It truly gives them a sense of independence and gives them the opportunity to make healthy choices. It's 0.25 for a lesson to last a lifetime.

2. Miles of Chocolate- Um, yeeeah. Is it a brownie or is it a piece of fudge? Not sure but it's the cherry on top of the kicky-sundae in a bowl of awesome!

3. The Bakery- White chocolate apricot bread-they have this in muffin form and loaf form. Use the loaf form to make French Toast. You will not be disappointed! The bakery has perfected my favorite cookie ever called "The Kitchen Sink"-I can't even begin to tell you what's in it...just trust me. And with that, the bakery also has homemade flour tortillas and corn tortillas.

4. Honeycrisp Apples- I have never tasted a Honeycrisp like the ones at CM. I would live in the apple bin if I could.

5. Chef's case, Grab 'n Go, Dinners for Two, and I'm in Heaven- yeah, it's like it sounds. The most delectable foods, prepared, ready to take home and eat. NOM.

6. The Olive Bar!- I don't eat olives. At all. Ever. They're gross. But, the husband? Yeah, he's obsessed with blue cheese stuffed olives. They're kinda pricey, but he doesn't ever ask for much. Leaving CM without them is like leaving a vacation destination without a souvenir.

7. Fancy!- Got a recipe that calls for something fancy that you've never heard of before? Have no fear...CM probably "gots" it. Yep. I went looking for some super fancy chocolate to make the NY Times Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe---Whole Foods didn't have it...and neither did Kroger...know who did? Central Market! Need some random fresh herb you have a hard time locating? Yep. They got it.

8. Fresh coffee- You can grind it up right there OR take it home whole bean. I hate coffee, but after I hang out around the coffee, I make a promise to start drinking it. I will...someday...

9. I hated grocery shopping until Central Market made me love it. Yes, I love a grocery store.

10. The wine and beer selections.

I love taking my kids with us when we go. I love that they get excited about picking out healthy foods for our family. Mostly, I love that they are able to see what a grocery store should be. Tonight, while hanging out with some friends, I was given the gift of all gifts. H.E.B. has purchased a parcel of land close to our house. I'm hoping this means we'll be getting a Central Market of our own. And for the record, this place makes Walmart look like Chernobyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment