Friday, September 16, 2011
Up, Up and Away...Or not.
We tried this evening to attend the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival. The weather knew this and ousted us from our plans. To be honest, I figured it was headed this way- it was cool, breezy, we found a great parking place with minimal searching, and an even better place to sit. We did stick around long enough to nosh on some Qdoba steak tacos (corn dogs for the boys) before they announced that the parachute jump was cancelled and about 20 minutes later, so was the balloon deally-o. Meh. We were told to try to wait it out in our cars because it would probably pass, however, as I write this, I can still hear the tapping on the window pane from my warm bed. Yeah, we didn't bother waiting it out. It's okay. We've gone 3 months without rain and we need it desperately. Just wish it had come earlier so we could've cancelled our plans much earlier. The plus side is I have some great pictures of the Giggle Bros. to share. Caden is totally into Superheroes right now. He takes his backpack and puts his Batman mask and cape in it for those "you know, just in case..." moments. Ethan still feels like wearing a bandana signifies that yes, he DOES run with the likes of Bear Grylls, Brady Barr, and Les Stroud.








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment