Sunday, September 18, 2011

102 Songs You Should Probably Have on Your iPod (but I'm not the boss of you so I can't make you own them)

1. Lights- Ellie Goulding
It's upbeat, catchy, and she's adorable.

2. What You Doing This For?- Florrie
Her voice is soothing and she's got great style.

3. Eleanor Rigby-The Beatles
Um, it's just cool.

4. Benny and The Jets- Elton John
A)I have a dance that goes to this no one has ever seen (except my sisters) and B)Who doesn't love "electric boobs and a mohair suit"? ;)

5. Soldier of Love- Sade
Hell, you ought to have every single song she does in your library. This one
is just flirtatious.

6. The theme from Shaft- Isaac Hayes
When you're nervous about and upcoming mtg/interview/presentation- turn this
up loud and get your adrenaline and mojo pumping. Works every time.

7. King of Pain-The Alanis Morisette version
So. Good. Sting would be so proud.

8. The Cave- Mumford and Sons
WHY are you not listening to them? I LOVE THEM. LOVE.

9. Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People
It's catchy, kicky, and albeit disturbing- I still love it.

10. Ms. Jackson- Outkast
You'll sing the chorus out randomly. It's fun... I AM FORRR REEEEEEAL

11. Hotel California-The Eagles
The drum intro...guitar...Don Henley...haunting and delicious

12. Gypsy- Fleetwood Mac
I love any Fleetwood Mac. This song is awesome.

13. Barracuda-Heart
Great air guitar song

14. Heads Will Roll- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Kicky.

15. Why Don't You Love Me?- Beyonce
The video makes me love this song even more.

16. Saturday in the Park- Chicago
It makes me think of summer picnics.

17. In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
It's *THE* song for a lot of couples (Us in particular) and it's beautiful.

18. Paradise City- Guns 'n Roses
The open the windows, turn it all the way up, and sing at the top of your
lungs song.

19. Let's Stay Together- Al Green
It reminds me of Pulp Fiction and it's a mean, mean song.

20. Free Fallin'- Tom Petty
LOVE.

21. Young Blood- The Naked and Famous
Groovy.

22. Shiny, Happy, People- R.E.M.
It will make you want to sing out loud.

23. Take on Me- Aha
Friday feel-good-song.

24. Got to Give it Up- Marvin Gaye
Soul.

25. Just Like Heaven- Katie Melua
Dreamy.

26. Don't You (Forget About Me)-Simple Minds
Because you listen to it as you're leaving work and do that slow motion/pause fist pump in the air a'la Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club.

27. Hey Jude!- The Beatles
Aw crap, just put everything they own. Butcha better put this one on
repeat. It's singable.

28. Possession- Sarah McLachlan
Stalker-y but in a loving way.

29. Rollin' in the Deep- Adele
You can listen to it over and over again and not get tired of it.

30. More Than a Feeling- Boston
Good song and great for an air band.

31. Walk This Way- Run DMC/Aerosmith
I want to dance when I hear this song...every time.

32. 1979- Smashing Pumpkins
Who doesn't love Billy Corgan?

33. Red House- Jimi Hendrix
Turn it up, windows open, and just let it soothe you. Great song to cook
by.

34. Dream On- Aerosmith
Good karaoke.

35. With or Without You- U2
A delicious love song.

36. Hurt- Johnny Cash
Total bad A55. (yeah A-fifty-five-think about it)

37. Kashmir- Led Zepplin

38. Better Man- Pearl Jam

39. Stellar- Incubus

40. Got You (Where I Want You)-The Flys

41. It's Over Now- Neve
42. Best I Ever Had- Gary Allan

43. Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
Who doesn't re-enact the scene from Wayne's World listening to this?

44. Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
Reminds me of freshman year. Delish.

45. Three Little Birds- Bob Marley
Reminds me to relax and let the hard stuff go.

46. Dancing in the Dark- Bruce Springsteen
If you don't add this one, add the next one.

47. I'm On Fire- Bruce Springsteen
80's all the way but it's good stuff.

48. Paul Revere- Beastie Boys
It may not be your cup of tea but it's great to work out to

49. Everybody Wants to Rule the World- Tears for Fears
Cause we do!

50. Don't Stop Believin'- Journey
Aaaaargh! Good stuff!

51. Wonderwall-Oasis

52. You're So Vain- Carly Simon
I still want to know who this song is about.

53. Your Song- Elton John
It's such a mom and baby song.

54. Maybe I'm Amazed- Wings (Paul McCartney)

55. Every Breath You Take- The Police
Beautiful and stalker-y

56. Show Me What You Got- Jay-Z

57. Blue Orchid- The White Stripes

58. Livin' on a Prayer- Bon Jovi

59. Crash Into Me- Dave Matthews Band

60. Family Affair- Mary J. Blige

61. Rio- Duran Duran

62. Wake Up- Arcade Fire

63. When You Say Nothing At All- Allison Kraus

64. Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffett

65. Knee Deep- Zac Brown Band/Jimmy Buffett
Total summer song. LOVE.

66. When I Get Where I'm Going- Brad Paisley/Dolly Parton
It'll make you cry...but in a good way.

67. She's Everything- Brad Paisley
B likes this song.

68. Ready to Start- Arcade Fire

69. Want To- Sugarland
See? I can appreciate some country music.

70. Raise Your Glass- Pink
Why not?

71. Little Lion Man- Mumford and Sons
See Above reason

72. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie- RHCP

73. Dog Days Are Over- Florence and the Machine

74. Uprising- Muse

75. Everlong- Foo Fighters

76. Howlin' For You- Black Keys

77. Hell on Heels- Pistol Annies

78. Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5
Dancey and just good mojo.

79. Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
Fun song.

80. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
How can you live in the south and NOT love this song?

81. Beautiful Boy-John Lennon
Sigh. It's perfect in every way.

82. Tiny Dancer-Elton John
Blue jean baby, L.A. Lady...seamstress for the band...HOLD ME CLOSER TONY DAAANZAAA

83. Lose Yourself- Eminem

84. Fields of Gold- Sting
And many others...but this one is a must

85. Let's Go Crazy- Prince

86. The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra

87. Ain't That a Kick in the Head- Dean Martin
Makes me want some Italian food and a martini

88. Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns 'n Roses
Rock out!

89. Thriller- Michael Jackson
Cause how else will you perfect the routine?

90. Ain't Nothin Like the Real Thing- Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell

91. September- Earth, Wind, and Fire

92. Better Get to Livin'- Dolly Parton
Uh...cause she's the bomb!

93. A Little Less Conversation-Elvis VS JXL

94. Scar Tissue- RHCP
It's just a great song.

95. Buddy Holly-Weezer

96. This Woman's Work- Maxwell (or go with the Kate Bush version)
Haunting and beautiful and you should own it.

97. Fade Into You- Mazzy Star

98. Today- Joshua Radin
It's one of those songs that should be "our song!"

99. Valerie- Amy Winehouse
Love this song!

100. Edge of Seventeen- Stevie Nicks
This would be the first song I'd sing in a karaoke contest. No doubt.

101. Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard

102. Little Bit- Lykke Li
Sigh and swoon.


I would love to list about a billion songs I think everyone should own but I will spare you. My kids love, and I mean LOVE, music. While I monitor what they listen to, I love that they enjoy and can appreciate music from all genres. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment