Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July

I love fireworks shows. I love how everyone just shuts up and oohs and ahhs over the spectacular display.


We got to the park three hours early to secure a spot. We got a good one! We saved our friends the Harmons a place. So glad we did. To bide our time though, the boys and I listened to music and took pictures. Brian, on the other hand, busied himself with some reading. In case you couldn't see the magazine he's reading, it's Popular Mechanics and the article he's so enthralled with is titles "100 Skills Every Man Should Know" As he's reading, he's marking down the ones he knows how to do. I love testosterone driven checklists!!


Oooh guurrrrrrl! This is mah jam!!!



Not a big enough tent to hold this circus!



Eatin' a sammich under the umbrella-ella-ella. Yeah, we brought our picnic dinner. Boys loved it. And for the record, the heat was not terribly unbearable.


And the little turds brought water guns. Caden was pew-pew-pewing at every car that passed. Go ahead and judge me. I'll wait.

And for some reason, they brought a yo-yo and a lantern. Get this: they used the yo-yo to hook the lantern to the tent and made themselves a redneck chandelier. Then, before the fireworks started, they, along with the Harmon girls, used it to seek out insects. Awesome.

I love being a mom to boys.

Ethan brought his harmonica to play around the lantern in the tent. The tunes he regaled us with were rival that of any guest star on Hee-Haw.



No comments:

Post a Comment