Good news: Ham's Orchard is now open. NOM. I have a newfound appreciation for fresh food. It's like the older I get, the more value I place on fresh (or frozen) veggies and fresh fruits. They are reknown for their peaches througout the season AND, get this: Ham's has started a line of foods to sell in their country store. I bought a loaf of fresh bread they baked right there and man aliiiiiiiiiive is it good! They have fresh baked cakes, cookies, and pies. Um hello! If you're going to do something sugary, do it right. Right? The fresh peach and strawberry ice creams are still being produced and even the fruit cider slushies. Yesterday, we finally ate at the hamburger stand they have right there behind the storefront. Um...yum! Total yum for a great price. Sigh. That place is the bomb. It makes me want to be a farmer. A farmer with a hamburger stand behind my house!!!!! Ham's Orchard is a definite must every season.
www.hamorchard.com
~~~~ Meanwhile back at the ranch~~~~
Later that day, we stopped by to wish Mr. Soren Herrera a Happy 2nd Birthday. That kid is adorbs. He is mellow (never seen him whimper, cry, or fuss!! No lie.) and will eat anything. He's a foodie already. We all had a great time with some amazing food and friends. Joe and Tierra, Soren's mom and pop, made the most AHHHMAAAAZIIIIIIIING homemade enchiladas. I am still dreaming about those things. So. Good. Aside from the delicious food, there was a bouncehouse. Any place with a cake and bouncehouse= excellent fun for the Hoover boys.
Needless to say, by the time we got home on Saturday, we were pretty much ready to hit the showers and then bed. If you look in the dictionary next to the word exhausted, it would have had our family picture sketched in as an example. I swear there were little Z's appearing above my head and my words were coming out incoherently at some point. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment