Saturday, October 9, 2010

All-American Boy Scout

At the beginning of every school year, the boy scouts send out information about joining. The thought of camping etc. disturbs me on so many levels. I am not that kind of girl. My husband knows this. My kids? Do not...apparently. After his teacher (Thanks, Michelle!) told him that boy scouts learn survival tactics (this is a kid who adores Survivorman and Bear Grylls) he was gung-ho about joining boys scouts. I gave in. I caved. The inner-diva/princess/camping-consists-of-no-room-service side of me is going to punch me in the face when she finds out what I did. :) In all honesty, he is having fun. He did admit that he's mostly in it because they go camping and will be taught how to shoot bb guns and archery.

Friday night he was set to receive his first badge. The whole family set out to make sure we were in attendance for this. It was amazing to watch his little face light up during the ceremony. Next on the list? The camping trip. Luckily my husband is super awesome, and since Cade can't go this year, I get to stay at home. However, I get the feeling that my time is coming...I better find out if they make pop-up hotels.
Congratulations, Ethan! We are so proud of you.










3 comments: