Saturday, June 26, 2010

Be Still My Beating Heart


There are many reasons I love my husband. He's kind, compassionate, loving, intelligent, a hard-worker, and most of all--beyond awesome.
Brian surprised me with tickets to see Sting perform with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in The Woodlands (Houston)-I had no idea! He knew how disappointed I was that the Dallas show was canceled. So, he went to work right away and secured the tickets, a hotel room, and childcare for the boys!! I was stoked. He's a genius, I tell you. Genius.
After driving forever, we ended up in The Woodlands, a suburb of Houston. It is a gorgeous place to be. We stayed at the Avia Hotel at Market Street-which is like a little shopping/urban mecca. Loved it. Avia was awesome! And, if you know me, you know that I cannot go more than an hour or so without embarrassing myself or getting into a predicament. So it came to fruition. I didn't realize the mini-bar/fridge had an alarm on it to notify the front desk to charge you if anything is removed from it. Welp. I did it. I removed a few bottles of juice, wine, water, etc. to see what was in there. (I'm beginning to see where my boys get their inquisitive and hands-on approach to things now.) Well, after I had taken a few things out, Brian found the note that told us whatever was removed, would be added to our bill. Gulp. Ok. Luckily, after worrying about it for forever and a half, we found out that because I put it back immediately, we wouldn't be charged after all. Ok. So maybe all the humidity wasn't what made me sweat. It was the idea that I didn't follow directions and got into something I wasn't supposed to. No?



The concert was amazing. I enjoyed the venue even though it was outdoors. Maybe I'm a bit biased because, I'm a huge Sting/The Police fan. Honestly, I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy hearing the RPO play with Sting and his catalogue. I mean, the thought itself didn't really appeal to me. I was wrong. So very wrong. It was great! I love seeing Sting in concert because A)he sounds great live and B)It's STING!! I love that he re-visits his old stuff and brings out new music and well, he's not too shabby on the eyes either. In fact, Brian and I are such huge fans that our wedding recessional was to "Brand New Day" and our song is "When We Dance"- Yeah, I was wondering if I would get slapped with a restraining order at some point. :)
Funniest moment of the night, the guy next to us proving time and time again why middle-aged white males wearing loafers and a fanny pack should NOT dance...EVER. ha! It was greatness. The humidity was almost unbearable but, totally worth sitting through it. On the plus side, I think I may have sweated off like, 10 lbs., or more!



I'm especially grateful to my amazing husband, Brian. Thank you for giving me the special gift of seeing my favorite singer, a grown-up vacation, and most of all, loving me enough to plan this all without me knowing.

"Oh can't you see, you belong to me..." Yeah, he's mine.:

No comments:

Post a Comment