Simply look around and view it"
Ha! So, Caden has this fixation on this blanket Ethan gave him. It's this tiny blanket with a sports theme on it. It's fleece, soft, and has been washed more times than I can remember. He loves to put it on his head and pretend it's hair. Caden's personality has broken through and he has shown me that he definitely has a sense of humor. I love watching how he becomes less of a copycat and marches to the beat of his own drum. He has little dances he does whenever he hears any kind of music, walks like he's Shaft when we let him out of the stroller, and sings the entire them to Go Diego, Go! at the top of his little lungs...in the car...on repeat...off key. ;)
Ethan, on the other hand, is a bit different. Don't get me wrong, he can "pretend" with the best of them and is most definitely one of the funniest kids I know, but his ideas are a little beyond mature for his age. I can jokingly tell close friends that he's really a 30-years-old man trapped in a 6-years-old body. Not really. What I love most about him is his ability to talk to anyone about anything. I love his laugh, the way he takes on the role of "protector" and he has this aura about him that comes from His walk with the Lord. He has his own opinions and isn't really afraid to let you know if you ask. Wonder where he gets that?
I guess my point is, if there is one at all, is that Brian and I get the best of it all with both of our kids. Their little personalities are coming out in full-force and it's absolutely entertaining to watch (and even participate) But, what I love the most, are moments like these when I see that they love the other so much and compliment each other's personalities.
No comments:
Post a Comment