Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

It's been long overdue, but I am pressed for time. I'm nearing the end of my Master's program (yay!) and the pace has picked up quite a bit. I'm home today, with a sick Ethan, and thought I should update.


Caden:

*Can identify the Statue of Liberty (or as he calls it, "Statue of Livverty")

*Is super compassionate and still obsessed with Batman and Horizon Organic Vanilla Milk. I had to buy the large quantity at Costco the other day.
*I am constantly amazed at what he knows. We received his mid-year progress report from his school and he's counting to 150 in English, 18 in Spanish, he has completely developed a quick wit, is excelling in his Reading and Math Literacy, and knows the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm grateful we have been blessed with the opportunity and funds to allow him to attend a private pre-k program.

Ethan:

*Is a super genius. Duh. He was asked to do a report on an American who is famous or considered a hero. He picked Albert Einstein. I told him I thought he was German. He corrected me and said, "Actually, Mom, he became an American citizen in 1940."
I guess I'll go back to my place, then, good sir.

*He is obsessed with creating and utilizing power points and photo story. This is pretty much the bomb to see as a parent. The fact that he can navigate around technology at his age astounds me.

*And I'm likely to get some backlash and judgement on this one, BUT, he LOVES 'The Big Bang Theory' ---He even requested a Bazinga t-shirt. Sometimes, his facial expressions mimic those of one, Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Note: We monitor what episodes he watches. We don't just let him have free reign. But, as a kid who is considered a "science nerd"- I love that he can see these characters as quirky, funny, and yes, even cool.

Home Stuff:

*Well, the floors are officially put in throughout the house, including the master bedroom and walk-in closets. (We aren't done with this one just yet, but here's what it looks like in the process. Yes, I did paint the inside of the closet something other than white. White was too drab.)


*Paint colors have been chosen and we are slowly getting the rooms repainted. (Trust me, they needed it!)The boys bathroom went from an adorable and sweet baby blue/lime green to a sophisticated gray. I replaced the PBK Dino curtains with a West Elm gray striped one. I'm still in the process of ordering a few things to decorate, but I have to say, as sad as I am to see the little kid stuff go, it suits the little gentlemen to a 'T'.


I will post before and after pictures at a later time...when the projects are completed and the messes are cleaned up.
*We had to replace our water heater last night. Boo! But, it was time and we were going to have to do it eventually anyway.

Anyway, I do believe that is it for catching up. I will post more pictures later. I'm spent for today.

I leave you with this picture of two dapper gentlemen.


No comments:

Post a Comment