Thursday, April 28, 2011

Denton? Really?







How cute is this courthouse?


They love their "Jomaaay"

Pesci and De Niro?

Yum.



Yes, french toast flavored ice cream...





Yes, really. I have only been to Denton a handful of times. The thought of driving the distance and being on I35 was enough to deter me from ever visiting. But, my lovely Zooey Deschanel-like sister, Jamie is a UNT student. She invited us out one weekend to see her new apartment and so that she could show us around. We looked at her lovely apartment, met one of her roommates, and saw a Hurley-esque looking guy sunning his big ol' belly by the pool (yum. Did you sense the sarcasm there?). Mkay. Kolache Haven. Enough said. That place is bomb. We stopped there for a quick breakfast and we decided Rockwall should have one. We drove around for a while after breakfast and headed to Highland Village. It's a cute little place. It reminds me a bit of how Frisco used to look before it burst into people/house/shopping flames. We took the boys into a great little toy store while we were there. I decided that I love little independent toy stores (even if they are more expensive) than TRU. There's just something about seeing original toys and books that cater to the creative/scientific/imaginative child's mind that makes me happy. Dude Manager even let Ethan try out some cool outdoor toys. Very awesome. We decided to head to the downtown square in Denton and grab lunch and dessert. Pizza in a place with a basement bar= I likes it. It looks like it could have been a speakeasy though. It had charm. But, the greatest place ever? Beth Marie's Ice Cream Parlor. ZOMGoodnesalkdnfas;ldfawoeinfa ;ldfnasdkfjnaweoiptrbw9eubt (I had to make up a word just to describe it): This place is for real like an old fashioned ice cream parlor. They make their own ice cream and sell it by the ounce. Nom.
I promised Jamie we'd be back and we will. It was definitely worth the drive just to spend some time with my baby sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment