Caden said that this is Lego Mama
Yes, a Lego that resembles (somewhat) me. According to my kid, this is my identical Lego twin.
When I was younger and thinking about what my home, marriage, and family would look like, I pictured myself ending up with three girls. The idea of having a son, let alone that word in plural form, never crossed my thoughts. My idea of hanging out with my fictional kids included dressing Barbies or some such thing. Know what's cooler than dressing up Barbies? LEGOS! Nerf gun wars, chocolate chip throwing in the kitchen, bugs... And here's the kicker, those two nasty little green anoles Ethan caught and is keeping as pets? I stinkin love those suckers. Believe it or not, they are the sweetest little lizards ever. Gross, I know. Know what's grosser than gross? I bought fruit flies (and their larvae) to feed these lizards. Ew. Never in a million years could I have contemplated being the type of mom or person that would find great joy in, what are typically classified as, boys' interests. I am though and I can do it in jeans, Diorshow mascara, and a rock a ponytail. I still don't camp outdoors in a tent. I probably never will. I will stay in a fully furnished, amenities included, cabin though. It's a compromise.
Now, if you could come up with Legos that don't feel like a thousand nails sticking in my feet when I step on them, I'd be much obliged.
No comments:
Post a Comment