Saturday, September 25, 2010

Snips, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails...

and I think they forgot to add bugs to that list too. Ethan's teacher told me that he has been hanging out with his little friend Madison at school and they catch bugs, lizards, geckos etc. during recess. Well, my child has been stuffing them into his pockets. Ew. I'm just grateful she found them before I did laundry. Double ew. Anyway, he collected a gecko, without my knowledge, as we were coming in from being out all day. I couldn't figure out why he was so quiet and busy in his room. I went in to check on him and lo and behold, he was clearing out his bug catcher to keep his "findings". Yeah, below is what he caught.

Yes, that would be three geckos and a grasshopper in his bug catcher. I wonder if God is giggling at me being so grossed out. He knows that I get the heebie-jeebies from this kind of thing. *shivers* Ugh.
However, this face is what makes it all worth the grody-ness that I deal with daily.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, love that boy. I used to collect frogs in a bucket when i was his age lol I think you need to get him set up with a tank and lizard friend in his room.

    ReplyDelete