Sunday, February 7, 2010

100 Days of School

Ethan celebrated his first 100 days of school. Now, to some, this seems trivial but the kindergarten celebrates in a major way. We made him a poster with 100 sports beads hot glued on it. I know we hot glued them securely because, I'm still recovering from the 2nd degree burns. (I'm the least crafty person I know!) We also decided to go for the gusto and make a shirt, the bonus project. He decided to go with doing the whole 100 Texas Tech symbols. I had this idea that the shirt would turn out so awesome that we'd get offers to sell it in some trendy boutique and mass produce them for a living while making millions. Well, that was the idea I had in my head when we started. But you see, he enjoys the whole, "I'll do it myself," mentality. So, he did. Well, some of it. I still think it's a masterpiece.
The point of all of this is, my baby, the child I labored for 12 hours with and ended with a dramatic delivery, is 100 days into kindergarten. He's reading on a second grade level, or thereabouts, and has developed a vocabulary that would put the Oxford Dictionary to shame. Well, if it could be shamed. Yes, I brag on my kids. But, this is a little different because, well, I feel that Brian and I played a major part of Ethan's success. Every book, show, sentence, experience, etc. we exposed him to, produced this successful little being. It's kind of like getting a small gold star, every time your kid does something wonderful. That gold star on the chart of parenting successes that symbolizes the few things you didn't screw up on.
Don't worry, though. We still saved the office referral from when he called his classmate a "b*tchface" in preschool because, well, according to Ethan, "that's what he said his own self looked like!"

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha i don't believe for one minute that sweet boy ever said anything of the kind in preschool or anywhere else lol.

    I know all about burns from the hot glue, getting those 100 Lego's on Ryan's shirt left me with a nice burn on the inside of my arm, remind me to show you tommorow LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well, in his defense, he really didn't know that it was bad until he was given a talking-to. The kid he said it to, said it first so he went with the flow I suppose. I have the referral to prove it. We're saving it to show his future wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, bitchface. How do you discipline for that? That's pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TINA!!!!!!! yea! now we can blogsies together! haha although I havent written in months :-( I'm so excited eeeeeeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete